This post may also contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps to support this blog.
These easy DIY Sinus Relief Wax Melts are made with soothing and calming essential oils to naturally help ease your sinus pain!
I realize that just about all I’ve talked about lately is how I’ve been feeling like crap. But it’s definitely something when your friend from California calls you and you’re having the exact same November weather on the East Coast as she is out there! Needless to say, this flip-flop between warm and cold weather is driving the Holoka household crazy with sinus issues!
After a severe migraine totally wiped me out for an entire day last week, I decided to start reading up on essential oils. I found out that eucalyptus oil is really good for migraines. Peppermint and lavender oils are also good for headache pain. So I took a trip to Whole Foods and was so excited to see their health and beauty aisle stocked with all kinds of essential oils! I grabbed the bottles of essential oil I needed and also a small roll-on bottle to keep on hand to apply to my temples and take a much needed whiff of when necessary.
After talking with a friend about oil diffusers and aromatherapy, I remembered my big bag of soy wax that I have just sitting in my closet. Since my mother-in-law just got me a new wax warmer, I decided to make some sinus relief wax melts for days when a hefty dose of aspirin just doesn’t seem to cut it!
- Soy wax chips
- Eucalyptus oil
- Lavender oil
- Peppermint oil
- Silicone mold
- Bamboo skewers or popsicle sticks, for stirring
- Glass measuring cup
- Pour 1-2 cups of wax chips into a glass measuring cup. Microwave wax for about 2 minutes, then continue in 1 minute intervals. Cup will get hot so use caution when removing it from the microwave.
- Add 20-30 drops of each essential oil into the wax. Stir with a bamboo stick.
- Carefully pour the melted wax into the silicone mold.
- Allow wax to harden at room temperature, or in the fridge.
- Remove wax when completely solid.
- Melt 2-3 wax melts at a time and enjoy the cool, relaxing scent of these sinus relief melts!
I used a small silicone mold for these melts as I didn’t want the scent of the melts to be overwhelming. I want to soothe my headache. Not give myself another one! Store these melts in a sealed bag or container and keep them in a cool, dry place.
I used equal parts eucalyptus, peppermint, and lavender oil in my roll-on bottle. Top it off with a carrier oil like coconut, grapeseed, or almond oil (this dilutes the essential oils). Pop the top back on the bottle and give it a good shake. Your custom oil blend will be ready to roll on and hopefully give you some relief!